Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Just Kidding-Really an Osborne Platter

Ho! Ho! Ho! Have you checked out the Aeromaniacs website yet? (www.aeromaniacs.com) One of the highlights of that website is the plans and instructions for the Osborne platter. It only took me three years to understand how to make the motor mounts. They are just two pieces of L-bar aluminum cut off a longer piece purchased at almost any hardware store. Only problem is, I never that hardware stores carried L-bar aluminum. In fact I did not even know what L-bar aluminum is. Finally, after feeling like an idiot for a long time, I was wandering around Home Depot, and I saw some L-bar aluminum, and the light dawned on Marblehead. Oh! That's the stuff for the motor mounts on the Osborne platter! So I bought $3.00 worth of L-bar, and now I have enough for at least a dozen platters.
But, really, isn't it just the neatest little sport flier. I have not flown it yet. But one of these days I will. And then I will blog about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home