Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Flip 10 Again

The wing has a 1/4 in. aircraft plywood spar inserted at about 1/3 of the chord to add to the stiffness. And the stabilizer is completely modified away from the Flip design as the result of a crash repair.
When I first started flying this one I used 52 ft. lines. And that works O.K. But once I tried 30 ft. lines just for the fun of it. On 30 ft. lines it feels really fast. It feels like a racing plane. So of course I always fly it on 30 ft. lines now.
I call it my windy weather flier. I like to fly it when it is really too windy to fly. It climbs into the wind. And it falls so much coming out of the wind that one wonders if it will hit the ground. But it doesn't.
It is pretty heavy. But since no one is trying to stunt it (although it has done a few loops in it's day-and it has flown inverted also) what does weight matter?
Bet you didn't know an old man could have so much fun with a flying tank Ukie trainer like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home