Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Sidewinder Special

I don't fly fast combat. I bought this kit on eBay thinking it was a slow combat kit that I could build as a sport flyer. I even examined the kit when I received and still thought it was a slow combat kit. Bear enterprises used to srell both slow and fast combat versions of the Sidewinder. And the sidewinder plans showed both versions on one sheet. But at that time I didn't know that.
So when I started building the plane, I finally realized I had the fast combat version.
So what could I do? Just had to rummage through my old balsa stash and convert it to a sport flyer.
Basically, everything behind the wing leading edge except the rudder, the canopy, and the tailwheel is from the Sidewinder fast kit. And everything in front of the wing leading edge is cobbled together from my mind and my control line stuff stash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home