Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Wednesday Flying Session-SLOW Club

I remembered the camera today, but I got so wrapped up in breaking in the new GMS 32 on my rebuilt S1 Ringmaster that I forgot to take pictures! The GMS 32 ran about 22 minutes on the ground. Then I managed to get four flights on the engine. About 30 minutes of flight time. So the engine is almost broken in now. Probably about two more flights ought to get the job done.
I love my new old rebuilt Ringmaster. The GMS 32 has awesome power. The Ringmaster flies really fast! One of the guys at the field estimated the speed at about 75 m.p.h. And one of the other guys estimated it at about 85 m.p.h. All I know is that it is fast. It is the hottest Ringmaster I have ever flown. I have not attempted any maneuvers with the plane because I am still breaking in the engine. The glide is very good. I had four good landings today.
When I bought the GMS 32, I really did not know how much power it really has. A month or so after I bought it, I was reading the spec sheet that came with it, and noticed that it is rated at 1.2 h.p. That is a lot! It is the same as the OS LA-46! But I still did not really get it until I flew it today. That engine is amazing. Can you tell I like fast planes?
We also had a crash at the field today. One of the guys flew his ARF Nobler into the ground upside down during an outside maneuver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home