Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Monday, August 22, 2005

This and That

A few more comments.
George and Tim brought 1/2-A plank wings. They were flying two-up on the side circle for quite a while. It looked like a lot of fun.
And George flew his Shoestring again with the usual great results.
Joe did fly his Oriental on it's maiden flight. Good first flight. Beautiful airplane.
PJ flew his ARF Nobler. Nice airplane.
Charlie flew his Magician 15. The Fox 15 on it is back to running great again.
John flew his carrier planes. They seemed to perform well to me. But I don't know much about carrier flying.
My Magicain 40 was a struggle. I could not get the engine to run for a long time. Finally I removed and cleaned the NVA. (Turned out to be a glob of oil in the spraybar hole!) Then the engine ran fine. But of course I did not want to do all that work, So I waited too long to do it. So by the time the maintenance was done it was late. So I only managed to get in two flights. And the engine was a little too rich on both flights although the second one was better. Managed a few loops and wingovers. Perhaps I should fly the Magician more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home