Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mongoose Power Train

I was lucky to find a new McCoy 35 Redhead Stunt on eBay for around $35. just as I was finishing my Mongoose 2.
I used to run McCoys back in the late fifties, but I really have not had one since then. I remember them as user friendly engines. I remember them fondly. I think I had a lot of fun flying McCoys as a teenager.
I wonder what it will be like flying a McCoy this time...
The fuel tank is a Brodak 3 1/2 oz. oval wedge with standard vents. We always used standard vent fuel tanks with our McCoys back in the fifties, so it still ought to work today.
The engine pads are something new. We did not know anything about engine mount pads as teenagers.
The prop is a 9.5 x 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home