Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Jr. Yankee Nipper ?-Covered Already!

My new Yankee Nipper probably should be called the Jr. The wing (I am using it in an attempt to salvage something out of an old kit) has only about 400 square inches of area. It comes from a Corehouse Gotcha Super Slow kit I have had for about 9 years. A real Yankee Nipper is supposed to have a 500 sq.in. Psycho wing.
Since the wing area is a little small, I think I am going to power this one with an OS 20 FP. What the heck-it is a sport plane isn't it?
I figure if I balance it for an OS 20 FP, then I can substitute a whole bunch of other engines and it will still be balanced or a little nose heavy. Either way it will be O.K.
The wing covering on this one is Econokote. I am using Hot Pink because I want to be able to see the plane when it is in the air.
Pictures to follow.
Time to start building the tail feathers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home