Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Circulator 2 Performance Report

Six more flights on the Circulator 2 today.
The engine is kind of odd. It is the first ringed engine I have ever had on a plane. It took me a while to learn how to get quick reliable starts. Because it is ringed, it can be difficult to get enough compression to start it when it is cold. I finally discovered that if I remove the muffler, and squirt raw fuel into the exhaust stack, it will fire right up. Evidently the oil in the fuel improves the ring seal enough to increase the compression enough to start the engine.
Once the engine starts, the engine run is terrific. Except for the fact that it is a little loud without a muffler. Oh well I guess you can't have everything.
The Circulator 2 performs inside and outside loops, wingovers and reverse wingovers, inverted flight, overhead eights, vertical eights, and lazy eights fantastically. It flies better than I can. It flies as well as or better than my ARF Flite Streak. And that is saying a lot. But the Circulator 2 is my own creation-I built it myself. And it is a lot stronger and tougher than an ARF Flite Streak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home