Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

S.L.O.W. Club Thursday Flying Session

Today we had 65 degree weather in MD. So John, Kenny and I made it out to the field.
I took the Circulator 2. Good news! It turns out to be a wonderful plane.
I ran the S.T. G34H engine on the ground for about a minute just to make sure it runs. Then I started flying it.
Completed seven flights. The first 5 flights just consisted of climbing and diving. (A good way to break in a new engine.) By the sixth flight, the engine was running pretty well, I was feeling pretty confident, so I tried a few maneuvers. Sweeeet! It turns tight. And it grooves steadily where you point it. And it lands really smooth after a long gentle glide.
Managed to complete inside and outside loops, inverted flight, many lazy eights, and a few wingovers. Saving the overhead and vertical eights for another day.
But I can tell that this is a good one.
The Circulator 2 is really the plane I have been dreaming about and trying to build for more years than I care to mention.
Pictures to follow.
Sorry, Kenny and John left early-before the camera went into action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home