Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Stooging in Walkersville-Part 1

Went to the local Walkersville Farm Park to get some flying in. Seems like about a month since my last flying session.
Decided to take the Yankee Nipper although I am a little afraid of it. How can I get over the fear if I don't try to fly it? So I took it out to the field. Set it up on the stooge. It fired up right away. Screaming! So I ran out to the handle and launched it.
It took off straight up after I gave it up. But that's O.K. I recovered control. Climbs don't bother me much because they increase the distance between the plane and the ground.
Anyway, I did about four high, fast laps. It was really fun. And then the engine began to run erratically.
After about 8 low slow laps, the engine quit.
Examination revealed that the needle fell out. And I sure did not have much chance of finding it.
So it looks like I have to admit I have a problem with this engine. I have to find a needle setup which will be reliable.
So now I can say I have about 1.2 flights on the Yankee Nipper. If I can ever get the engine to run steadily, it should be a blast to fly...
Pictures taken after today's flight to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home