Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Flying C/L in Walkersville Again

Don and I met this morning around ten. And we managed to get in some fun flying.
Don brought one of his Hexdrones powered by a Norvel 061. He managed about 5 flights on the Hexdrone. I was very impressed. The Hexdrone flies really well. The Norvel 061 puts out awesome power. The Hexdrone has really great manueverability. It is the best flying 1/2-A type plane I have seen in a long time.
And I managed to get in 4 more flights on my Jr. Nipper powered by an OS 20FP-S. The Jr. Nipper is really great fun to fly. It stays out on the lines no matter what happens. It handles wind very well. It turns tight. And the speed is just about right for sport flying. Right now I think it is the best flying plane I have ever built. Managed plenty of inside and outside loops; overhead, vertical, and lazy eights; wingovers; and a good bit of inverted flying.
Love the JR. Nipper!
Somehow I forgot I had the camera with me until after Don left the field. So the pictures are only of the Jr. Nipper. Too bad. The Hexdrone is a cool looking plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home