Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Finishing

The wings were covered first on this Skyray with Oracover. The Oracover is a fabric that is also finished with paint at the factory and heat-shrinkable. I love it. It is much easier for me to get a half way decent looking covering job out of it, than it is with some of the other coverings out there.
After the wings were covered, I gave the rest of the plane two coats of water based clear polyurethane. Then I applied two coats of Red Devil polyurethane enamel. A decent looking, tough, fuel proof finish.
I would like to say that the Sig Skyray kit is really well done at the factory. The die cutting is really good. The parts were in real good shape when removed from the sheets in this kit. And the kit is easy to build. It only took me three weeks to build this plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home