Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Skyray 32 ?

Sig calls this kit a Skyray 35. But this one is powered by a Magnum 32 so it must be a Skyray 32. This is my second Skyray. I made my first one about 10 years ago as a backup plane for my Ringmaster. It had a Fox 35 on it when it was built. It seemed under powered. Then the Fox 35 stalled out on me during an outside loop. So I replaced it with a Fox 25 BB. The 25 BB turned out to be a better power plant for the Skyray. It powered the old Skyray pretty well with a 10-4 prop on it. But I made the mistake of getting caught in some turbulence. The Skyray crashed and that was the end of it.
But then Tom Dixon published an article about the Skyray. And the Aeromaniacs website (www.aeromaniacs.com) published their great piece about Bret Buck's Skyray. So I had to build another one.
This one is stock except for the landing gear and the rudder. The kit comes with a single wheel. And the rudder on this one is just flat. The plans call for a bend.
Anyway this one flies very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home