Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Monday, December 20, 2004

Magician 40-Since 1998

I know it is supposed to be a Magician 35. But I am planning to power this one with a Fox 40 BB ABC Deluxe. So I call it a Magician 40. I started it in 1998. I assembled the profile fuselage and set it aside until last spring. Then I began constructing the wing. Now the wing is almost finished. Probably in another month or so this plane will finally be ready to fly. But before then, I have to decide whether to put flaps on it. I have the flaps made. But recently someone informed me that the instructions on the original Midwest kit showed flaps as an option that might result in better turning ability.
I remember the Midwest Magician I had as a teenager as being without flaps. This one is being built from a Golden State Models kit. It simply shows the plane with flaps. That bugged me because I don't remember flaps on my old one. But now that I know that flaps were optional, I realize I could finish this one without flaps. But on the other hand the flaps might result in better performance. But the performance will improve a lot because our modern ABC engines are a lot better than the engines we had back in the 1950's. So who knows what I will decide. To flap or not to flap. That is the question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home