Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Power Train

This engine is an Enya 35 BB Model 5224. The twin ball bearing Enyas are fairly rare. It is the square venturi model from the 1960's. I bought it on eBay a couple of years ago at a pretty reasonable price. It was unused when I bought it. But the previous owner had drilled and tapped the exhaust stack to hold a tongue muffler. I think that is so cool. That is the main reason I bought the engine. Last summer I mounted the engine on this plane with a Brodak offset engine mounting plate. Then I carefully broke in the engine with 5% nitro 25% castor oil fuel. It puts out plenty of power. Does a nice 4-2-4 break type of run. Picking up one of these old Enyas unused is a real find. They make great Ukie sport engines. The quality is very high. And they are easy starting. And parts for them are even available from Enya dealers.
The tank is a Brodak 3 oz. tank with standard vents. The prop is a Grish Black Magnum 9x6. A great wide-blade stunt prop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home