Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Good News! The Acro Flies!

Today the weather was great here in Maryland. No leaves on the trees yet. The grass is still dormant. But today we had sunshine and 59 degrees. So I made a trip out to the local middle school athletic field. The Acro made its maiden voyage today. Last Saturday I started the engine for four short heat cycling three minute runs to begin the break in. Today I just flew the Acro three times. It stays up at least ten minutes with the tank I have on it. So now I can say it is fully broken in. I kept climbing and diving the plane so that the load on the engine was constantly changing. And I managed to do inside and outside loops, inverted flight, and lazy eights. The Acro flies really well. The glide after the engine quits is good. And it stays upright on the landing gear when it lands. And the stock OS muffler is very effective. The plane is nice and quiet. I think we have a winner here.
But I do want to try a B.Y.&O. 8x5 prop on it. And I do want to try adding a little more tail weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home