Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Ringmaster Rebuilt!

Finally finished my Flea Market Ringmaster Rebuild (S1 Kit Version-originally built many years ago in Pennsylvania by a person unknown).
Posting a few pictures to prove it. Looks pretty good if you ask me. Wing is covered with Polycover yellow transparent. I love this stuff. It comes from Hobby Lobby in Tennessee. It has random fibers in it. It is not a film. It is real easy to use. It is tough. And it looks great.
The engine mounts had to be replaced. I just cut the old ones out with a coping saw and a hacksaw. The new ones are 3/8" by 3/4 ". That way they match the width of the old mounts plus the plywood doublers and the rebuild looks even.
I tried to remove the old finish with acetone, denatured alcohol, and sandpaper. I got some of it off. But it was pretty frustrating. So I ended up just painting Krylon water based primer over what was left of the old finish before it was all removed.
The color is two coats of Rustoleum Almond.
I kept the original controls, and the original landing gear.
So all-in-all it was not too much work and time.
Here's hoping it flies well and lasts a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home