Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Monday, April 18, 2005

What a Weekend!

Sorry, still no pictures from the Sunday flying session at the field. There were at least thirty control line planes there. However, I just remembered my old digital camera at the last minute. And the battery was needing a charge. and the charge cord was missing. So -no camera-no pictures. But the charge cord was found during the day. And the camera battery was charged last night. So next week I should be able to get some field pictures.
This Sunday we had some neat stuff flying. A 1/2-A gyrocopter successfully took off, flew out all of it's fuel in the tank and then crash landed. A 1/2-A p-38 twin engine warbird flew. And a whole mess of sport and throttle control planes flew. We had a blast!
But-how about this. The Chambersburg Modelairs held a flea market at the Scotland, Pennsylvania community center on Saturday morning. I went to the flea market hoping there would be some C/L stuff there. And I was able to buy an old beat up Ringmaster (S1 kit version) for $5.00 Such a deal. Now all I have to do is restore it.
Also found about 15 old wide blade wooden props in usable sizes that were cheap.
And wonder of wonders, a guy had an OS LA25-S that was brand new. And he sold it to me on the cheap. I think I like R/C flea markets.
On April 30 the Frederick Model Airplane Club is having a flea market. I'll be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home