Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Flying Session-Last Sunday-Recovery

Foretunately, I had a spare plane in my pickup. The Jerkline Special. A 1962 combat design by Wild Bill Netzeband. The first few flights on the Jerkline Special just consisted of getting the needle set. It was flying O.K., but... So I decided to try a different prop. Tried an APC 9x5 on the MVVS 21.. What a difference! The engine finally came alive. I was able to get in a total of six flights on the plane. And the engine is really running sweet at last. When the nose picks up the engine actually surges even though it is already running in a rich two cycle. What a neat feeling to see it zoom up. Inside and outside loops, wingovers and inverted flight. I am taking the Jerkline Special out again next Sunday. It is so much fun now I just have to keep on flying it. This is the third prop I have tried on this engine. First was a Master Airscrew 9x4. Dissapointing-not enough thrust. Second was a Bolly Sport 9.5x5. Better, but not quite right-just a little too much prop. The APC 9x5 is really great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home