Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Building Season is Here!

Alas, the weekend before Thanksgiving is the traditional end of the flying season here in Maryland.
So, from now to next Spring it is build and/or daydream about building and flying.
This is just an update on my current building project.
I have been wanting to build a foam winged plane like the combat fliers use ever since getting my Ukey 35 ARF. The Ukey is a pretty good plane. It made me want to know how to build one for myself.
Fortunately Google found me a great website with just that info. Check it out: www.homestead.com/necn/
This is Mark Rudner's website and it is great.
I got all the info I needed there to try to build my own foamy winged sport flier.
Construction photos to follow.
P.S. It is really fun to learn a modeling technology that is new to the individual using it for the first time.
P.P.S. This thing is coming out so light with so little work, that I expect I am about to finish my first ever self built truly light and maneuverable sport flyer. One of these can be easily built as light as the light balsa planes built by the master wood selectors who invest hundreds of hours in each plane.
Thanks for the info is my message to the control line combat community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home