Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Sidewinder Special Power Train

The engine is a Thunder Tiger GP 25 control line. It comes from the Thunder Tiger factory with a sprinkler venturi. Otherwise it is basically a clone of the O.S. 25 FP. The Thunder Tiger GP 25 C/L is an ABC, plain bearing, and Schnuerle ported engine. When run on a rich two cycle setting, it puts out plenty of power for a ship this size. It is a light engine. It weighs about 6.5 oz. without a muffler. It does seem to burn fuel at a faster rate than the O.S. Lucky for me I have room on this plane for a 4.75 oz. GRW Chicken Hopper fuel tank. As you can probably guess, I like nice long flights when I am out sport flying.
As far as flying goes, this plane turns tight and stays out on the lines well for all the standard manuevers. The unusual thing about it is that when it is flying level it seems to be stuck on a rail. I wonder if that feeling is the result of the huge elevator.
My Sidewinder Special has about 15 flights on it now. And I like to fly it. But I am still tinkering with it.
I can't wait until spring to fly it some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home