Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Acro

Here are a couple of pictures of my current project. It started as a Sig Akromaster kit. But as you can see, it is modified. So I am calling it the Acro. The Acro is just about ready to cover and paint. First the wing and tail joints have to be reinforced with carbon fiber veil. The wings will be covered with Polycover (from Hobby Lobby) transparent yellow. Then the finish on the fuselage and the tail feathers will be one or two coats of Stewart-McDonald Colortone water based Guitar Lacquer. Then one coat of Krylon water based primer. Then two coats of Rustoleum. I am also going to try Rustoleum Painter's Touch water based enamel for one of the colors. I am planning to use three colors. And I want to see if the Rustoleum Painter's Touch will be fuel proof. Of course I expect it will be or I would not be willing to try it. Any way I will post more pictures as the plane progresses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home