Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Eliza

This is a C/L trainer that I designed myself. I never drew any plans. I just thought about it a lot. Then I built it. It is called the Eliza after my granddaughter. Hopefully someday she can learn to fly on it.
The wing is mounted high so the fuel tank can be mounted behind the leading edge of the wing. And the tail moment is long to decrease sensitivity on the controls.
The wing has a 1/8 in. plywood spar inserted at about 1/3 chord to increase stiffness of the wing. The wing is 3/16 in. balsa.
The last time I flew this thing was about two years ago at the club field. Everyone else left because it was too windy to fly. I got out my stooge and kept on flying. I got in eight flights that day. It was fun! It was so windy the wings were flapping. I am amazed that the plane held together.
The engine is an MVVS Junior .12 c.i.(2.0 cc). It is a classic European beginners engine.Amazing power for an engine of it's size. And it is great on hot restarts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home