Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Two Of Us at Walkersville Heritage Farm Park!

We might be the two stooges. I stooged for Don. And Don stooged for me.
Don from the S.L.O.W. club called today to suggest a flying session locally. Don also lives in Frederick County. So we met near the field, and I showed him where the flying site is.
He brought a pretty neat warbird. But the Fox 35 on it chose to be cantankerous. So Don only got in about twelve laps airborne. But he did manage to do a couple of inside loops. I wasn't much help because I never was very good at running Fox 35s.
Did I mention that it was 95 degrees and humid here today? Hot as blazes! Kind of tough May weather for a Michigan man.
I brought my Streak ARF. It hasn't been flown for about six months, so it is about time. I managed to get in two pretty good flights. Lots of loops, wingovers, horizontal eights, vertical eights, overhead eights, and some inverted laps. Even managed an inverted landing because I tried one too many overheads and the engine ran out of fuel while the plane was directly overhead. No damage-no harm done.
Pictures to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home