Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Walkersville Farm Park-Stooging

Three more flights on the Circulator II today.
Thank you Joe Wagner. You solved my Super Tigre 34 custom stunt engine starting problem.
A recent Engine Shop column of Joe's mentioned squirting 3 in 1 oil into the exhaust of engines with low compression to get them started. I remembered that my ST 34 starts well the first cold start (when it still has after run oil in the cylinder). But then on subsequent starts, it seems to have very little compression, and is hard to start.
So today I tried Joe's suggestion.
Of course the first start was easy with no special action required.
But for the second start the usual lack of compression manifested itself. So I squirted 3 in 1 oil into the cylinder. Voila! Instant compression. The engine fired right up after about three chokes and three flips. Much better result!
Same technique worked on the third start! So now I have an easy starting ST 34 that also gives me a great wet 2 cycle stunt run after it starts.
And the three flights were a lot of fun. Lots of loops, inverted laps, and wingovers. Also lots of horizontal, vertical, and overhead eights. And the takeoffs and landings were good too.
Too bad I had to leave the field early to go to work.
Pictures to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home