Control Line Model Airplanes

Control line sport flyer's forum for musings, experiences, thoughts, obsessions, creative ideas, etc. Of course I would rather be flying.

Name:
Location: Walkersville, Maryland, United States

Old man.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

JR Flite Streak

The wings on this one are covered with Sig Coverall. Love the results. Wrinkle free and very strong. The covering is doped with 2 coats of nitrate dope with two more coats of butyrate dope on top of that. Then one coat of Red Devil polyurethane oil enamel. Since building this plane I have stopped using dope under the paint. My family hates the smell of dope. So far I have tried Stewart-McDonald water based guitar lacquer as a substitute for dope. It seems to work pretty well. And I have concluded that two coats of enamel applied thinly are better than one thick one. I brush on the finish. To me spraying is just too difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home